“What are you wearing?”
“Oh, just jeans and a nice top”
This used to be the fall back outfit of choice, the one you would turn to when you had nothing else to wear, but we’re making it the go-to.
It’s a perfectly easy combo to put together. It’s not too casual, not too dressy and denim always brings an element of effortlessness to your look. The great thing is, it really does require little effort to put the look together.
We’re all about making getting dressed fun, a time to experiment and play with your clothes. We’re not really here to give you hard and fast fashion rules and really don’t believe in them, but here are a few little ‘jeans and a nice top’ tips you can try at home to inspire some new outfit combos that will make you feel all kinds of wonderful:
- A top that is cropped or tucked in. This highlights the waist and works well with a wider leg jean
- A top that has a sleeve, wide shoulder, open V neck or large collar. The illusion of width created through these details in the top half of the outfit balances well with a wider leg jean and with a wider hip body shape
- A heel with a pointed toe. This shoes style works nicely with the long, wide leg denim.
- Any small bag to match. No rules here really.
- Jewelry. Whatever makes you happy - it's just that finishing detail.
We love that jeans are typically a casual clothing item. With their historical roots in mens workwear, originally created for their practicality, durability and not at all for their style, this ultra casualness brings a great contrast to dressy tops, heels, pretty bags and hints of jewelry. Giving you chic, effortless style.
We’re making ‘jeans and a nice top’ a statement outfit with our new jean, Selene. She’s dark and bold, with a super high rise that is ultra flattering, and the subtle wide leg that falls to a longer length makes you look just a little taller.
Selene is made from 100% cotton heavy weight denim, like the original vintage jeans of the 1920’s. They bring all the right vintage vibes and that rich vintage quality - making the jeans a statement in and of themselves. A great quality jean is key in making your ‘jeans and a nice top’ look especially put together.
We invite you to experiment with your jeans. Try combinations in your wardrobe you’ve never tried before. Next time you're getting ready to go out, allow yourself extra time so you can change multiple times, trying various combinations or do this when you’re not going anywhere at all, so you have outfit ideas ready to go.